[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: _DNS_ security problems

Here is something I just heard about, which sounds like an instance of
DNS-hijacking, but which is *not* Java-related.

A user accesses a corporate Web site. On the second level page, she
discovers that a gif on the page has been replaced with a naughty picture.
Text flashes on the screen advising her to find more of the same at a URL
at SuchandSuch University. The Web server itself was not tampered with
at all.

I wonder if this is at all related to the recent CERT alert regarding attacks
against DNS servers. Has anyone else heard of a similar occurence? I'm certain
this isn't the only instance of this type of problem.

- jcp

Jody C. Patilla						jcp@tis.com
Trusted Information Systems				Glenwood, Md.